100% success rate in training indo dats to take pellets?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Anybody here who has lots of indo tigerx that all take pellets? Out of 6 of my indo tigers only 2 take pellets, they do take allmost all kimds of pellets though, the other 4 onky take frozen food and live,
i just moved one into the house , the one in the house is on mainndiet of massivore, im thinking how domi get this piece to learn to take massivore too? Anyntips? This piece is already a 10 incher.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
mmmmm i think Krills can be considered as prepared food heheh :D
so you got them to take dried krills? we have fresh krill here, but i'm trying to get them to eat ones which come out straight from the bottle without being frozen :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Although they are not in the stickies there are a few threads with methods of training dats onto pellets.I can't link them with my phone but they should not be too hard for you to be able to find.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
mmmmm i think Krills can be considered as prepared food heheh :D
so you got them to take dried krills? we have fresh krill here, but i'm trying to get them to eat ones which come out straight from the bottle without being frozen :)
Most datnoid I have or had in the past took dried krills right away along with cut up shrimps. I never tried pellets tho.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
thanks :) Yup i've seen the threads before, i'll try to search again :) Just curious if anybody has 100% success rates , Out of my 6 only 2 take pellets, I'm now trying to get another one to take pellets, but he wont have much chance to get at the pellets if he doesnt eat, the other IT with him takes pellets and eats fast, i Also have a Red mammon in the tank which now loves Massivore, but this is a problem less chance for the other IT to try it out.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
so Far i now have 5 out of 8 Dats that take pellets :)
2 being new ones which dont take pellets yet :D
but its really time consuming to try to trick them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store