10ft Plywood build advice/help

kwantz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
Ontario
Not sure sure this is going to be a forever home lol...
But that would be a lot easier.....

So screw joint/glue and fiberglass.. Should be good enough to hold up?? Anyone else using any cheaper alternatives to pond shield or is that the go to...... Pretty damn pricey.. Compared to a few years ago.

kwantz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
Ontario
Just make sure your plywood joints are overlapping. Check out Max ACR. There are a few builds here and I think you get way more for your money. I plan on using it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EPOXY-RESI...CONSTRUCTION-4-SALT-FRESH-WATER-/222628038510

Thanks a for the reply. ... Do you mean just wood glue the main, and screw it to another piece of ply wood that will be overlapping? Should I screw join it?

How are the reviews on that epoxy? That's roughly the same price as pond shield here in Canada. Or do you get more for the price?
Sorry for the dumb question

PapHater

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Idaho
Glue and screw and make sure your plywood over laps the other plywood by at least a foot. Think of it like laying bricks, how the seams are staggered so it doesn't create a single week joint.

From what I remember reading, and it's been awhile, it gets you at least twice the coverage. Message the seller they are quick to respond.

Reactions: kwantz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store