10Kgal/40Kl fish tank, 16'x18'x5.5'/5x5.5x1.7m, wood box, 3/8"/9mm acrylic liner

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
that looks like an insane amount of work with lots of seams that could potentially leak. what was the price of a pond liner in comparison ?

How do we donate if we want to help the DIY public aquarium or sponsor a rescue fish?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It is a legitimate worry. I wish I could afford to use 2x more glue to make absolutely sure no leak is possible. Properly made seams are as strong or stronger than original cast sheet, I found out by trying to break seams.

I am not sure if by pond liner you mean soft liner... if yes, then it'd not work for me, I need a hard wall so I can house spiny and toothy fish. Our 25K gal is lined with EDPM rubber. I'd not want another one like it.

Under the video, in the description field, there is a link to PayPal for anyone wishing to make a donation to us.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you. I appreciate your positive review of our humble videos and projects. If you read the description filed under the video, you know the problem. Time and money are unpredictable. I'd love to finish it and test it this year to see if it even holds water. Only God knows if this hope could realize.

" Started Feb 2020. Stalled Feb 2021 for two reasons, namely, ran out of time (must open to public at large with business hours soon or face a failure to launch) and out of money (acrylic viewing window 12x5.5 feet by 2 inches thick is roughly $7,000 from China and $14,000 from USA).

Donations could be made at: paypal.me/FishStoryRescue

Peer Beware: This is the first time we are building, or rather winging, such a fish tank, so, if God is willing and we will finish it, only time will show if this approach is viable and our primitive amateur workmanship is adequate."

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
You are probably right but I have no way back. Gotta install the front window and test it. If it leaks, we'll try to cross that bridge there and then.

Reactions: BIG-G

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
The costs of rescuing fish must be astronomical ? Could you provide a breakdown of set up & operational expenses to enlighten the general public such as myself ?

Also suggest you start a crowd fund me project for the front panel. Very worthwhile cause. There must be 1000 active fish lovers on MFK alone. That's only like $7 (or $14) each... less than a days power bill for me.

• Love
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store