thanks alot guys i have to clean the tank tomarrow

Ps its CichlidFanatic i didnt realize i was on my gfs name

(S)kittles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Northeast
Love the tank! Is 3 a good idea?

How do you keep them from digging up the plants? My Oscars always liked to renovate their tank much to the Pleco's disliking.

DudeItsADiscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Upstate NY
(S)kittles;2620876; said:
Love the tank! Is 3 a good idea?

How do you keep them from digging up the plants? My Oscars always liked to renovate their tank much to the Pleco's disliking.

*UPDATE*PICS
The plants are pretty much fixed everyday because of the O's. But since then all the aquascaping was taken out as well as most of the substrate. We kept the smallest piece of driftwood and put 2 tree brances on the other side. We're trying to keep the tank as simple as possible but yet keep enough cover for the oscars. Also since then we adopted/saved a fourth oscar. Yes, 4 oscars and a pleco all together, not in a 110gal though.. we Re-measured the tank and found out we actually purchased a 125gal tank. Not much better but if we didn't take the other O it would have just sat in a tank with absolutly no care. We are looking for new homes for them as we have too many fish and will soon be needing the tank. (FREE: Oscars <In The MFK Marketplace) Theres also good news, the branches that we put in the Oscar tank for a kind of aquascaping has rooted and we have mini trees growing. We love our oscars very much and take care of them really well and were hoping they can find another home Just as good or better. and maybe a little bigger.

Have fun and tell us what you think. :popcorn:

Tilapia-mariae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Perth, Australia
Awesome oscars buddy wish I was able to adopt these.
Love the video, just showed my work colleagues to give them an idea what feeding oscars is like. Comments like, 'Whoa is that a piranha?'

rofl

urboyjay682

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2009
nashville
dude thats funny because i have the exact same selection of oscars in my tank...gl with them and keep them happy .....they are deff my favorite fish to keep...

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
very nice oscars... i gotta say that u've spend a lot of time on it..

I will say that another pleco of exotic species might be a great addition....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store