110 water trough/ stock tank

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Conner Conner I'm not exactly sure what you mean by driving them with submersible pumps without having air pumps or surface disturbance. Elaborate please
See this thread for images. Basically you connect a powered or submersible pump to the sponge instead of an airline.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
You have room to put a sump next to it. Just get a tote and put bulkheads in the stock tank. Put what ever media and pads for filtration and a return pump in the sump. You could even put a "shelf" in the sump to support marginal plants to help with nitrate removal.

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
The one I linked is not a waterfall. It is basically a submersible pump run sponge filter like Conner Conner recommended. I think your plan connecting it to the waterfall would work fine.

Reactions: J village hobo

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Vibration or motor noise?

J village hobo

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2019
Well the fish have officially been added. I couldn't find a pre filter to fit the pipe to keep the leaves out of the pump so I made one 20201231_155939.jpg20201231_155933.jpg

Reactions: deeda

Chief Tom

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2020
You can use this Tetra one and just make the discharge below the water surface. If you do this you won't get the degassing and aeration, but that may not be a big deal depending on density and surface area. I use it for a goldfish tub with the dome attachment and it works great. I feel like can see fine though everyone has their own opinion on that.
Filtration Fountain Kit | Tetra® (tetra-fish.com)
Can you post a pic of your "goldfish tub"? Sounds like what I have in mind for the spring. Was gonna just use a 55 on the deck but the fish are too big. Tia.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store