1100 set up

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Love it! Great thread and the fish have so much room. Datnoid Heaven there!
Always looked at your posts/thread and this one has been great reading
Thank you! The Dats love it. I got 10 of them about 10 years ago. Down to 7 now. They were the size of a quarter when I bought them lol

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Great thread. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics and descriptions.

Those fish must really be huge as they make this giant tank look small in the pics!
Just last night I was watching the fish and I thought, dang I need a bigger tank, then I smiled. It never ends...

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
I've reread this thread a few times to see how my old tank was doing. I can't think of a better dude/hobbyist/MFKer to take the proverbial baton and run with this. I'm glad this tank got to go in a home! (It was too big to fit inside my old house and was relegated to the garage). It looks amazing, and I am looking forward to seeing more updates, sir!

I'm certainly stuck in Saudi Arabia for a while, but the next time I'm in Phoenix, I will be inviting myself over (with beer and pizza) for tour, feeding, and viewing.

One recommendation for the viewing area: massage chairs!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I've reread this thread a few times to see how my old tank was doing. I can't think of a better dude/hobbyist/MFKer to take the proverbial baton and run with this. I'm glad this tank got to go in a home! (It was too big to fit inside my old house and was relegated to the garage). It looks amazing, and I am looking forward to seeing more updates, sir!

I'm certainly stuck in Saudi Arabia for a while, but the next time I'm in Phoenix, I will be inviting myself over (with beer and pizza) for tour, feeding, and viewing.

One recommendation for the viewing area: massage chairs!
Hey man, good hearing from you. All the guys from the old days are gone? I don’t know anyone on here anymore!
As I was going through all the stuff you gave me with the tank I’m just amazed. When you come to town I’m buying the pizza and beers. You gave me a great deal on this monster. Thank you so much, it has been a pleasure setting it up.
I will continue the updates. Currently waiting on an exhaust fan and adjustable fan controller. The humidity in the room is out of control. That and a light will be installed. Also the wall still needs more mud, texture and paint. I’m going to install three doors for feeding and possibly a couch. I do have a massage chair lol. That will go in there also. Stay safe sir, looking forward to your visit.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Wow. This is incredible. I loved the 450g grow out.
I am glad you are back posting on the site. I read lots of old threads, so I feel like I know of you as one of the legends imo. Congrats on getting this beast set up and thank you to knobhill knobhill for setting up a good deal so the rest of us can also enjoy watching this thread.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Wow. This is incredible. I loved the 450g grow out.
I am glad you are back posting on the site. I read lots of old threads, so I feel like I know of you as one of the legends imo. Congrats on getting this beast set up and thank you to knobhill knobhill for setting up a good deal so the rest of us can also enjoy watching this thread.
Legends? Okay, I like that :)

Reactions: Matteus

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Thank you! The Dats love it. I got 10 of them about 10 years ago. Down to 7 now. They were the size of a quarter when I bought them lol
It'snice you've stuck with them-so many people give up with them and get rid of them. Always see folk buying and then getting rod of them at a later date
I'd be interested to see how long they live for

Reactions: Matteus

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
By enclosing this fish tank, effectively making a new room I noticed very high humidity. So I needed an exhaust fan. I found one that is made to mount on the side of the house and it has a flapper pointing down that opens and closes when the fan is on. It works great. I also added a light in the ceiling since I was pulling cable anyway. Now I just have the drywall to repair. Then I can start setting up the 450 grow out tank...

50D01AE9-0E1A-49B1-AAAB-1815F9819B40.jpeg

9935EF09-3B56-4CEA-B4B2-62E3417BAF86.jpeg

25C6D1C1-53E2-4A62-99A6-EC8B8152841F.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store