120 gal In-Wall

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
A link to the original in-wall design is below, which is mostly the fish display room build, and the framing of the tank opening.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273597

While the original was going to be a 1100g (720+270+125 system), time constraints require me to change direction for now. (it has been sitting almost a year without movement, and I have people coming from out of town for my daughter's graduation, & I know it wouldn't be complete by June. So...)

I will be putting a 120g (60x26 face) tank in the wall for now.

Here is an image of the start of the re-frame to a 5 foot opening. Remember, the original opening is 8.5 feet wide, so this will sit to the one edge & a foot higher on the base, then the original.

This coming weekend I will be heading to Lowe's / Home Depot to buy the lumber for the stand & face frame. Build photos & tales of the bumps in the road will follow.

Photo0993.jpg

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
OK, I lied. I went to HD tonight, just in case I have time this week to work on the stand.

I just have no desire to wait until the weekend.....

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
5280critters;5099227; said:
can't wait to see progress! Congrats to your daughter. Is she headed to a collage in the fall?
She sure is, potential thorn in the fish budget !!

BlindSight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2011
Denton Tx
Meh, I paid my own way through college so can she, whats more important, you having some cool fish or your spawn getting an education?

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Glad to see you're making some progress on this project! I loved your initial plans and I'm happy to see you making the best of things...

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Here are the base & top frames for the stand, the top one is 4 inches deeper to reach through the wall. They are the same size left to right, a bit of an optical illusion.

I will not be having the tank sit behind the wall, it will be nearly flush with the wall itself..

Photo0999.jpg

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Still needs the top board & foam, they are in the garage, time to eat dinner & go to work..

Here is a photo to keep you interested..

The verticals are laminated 2x4 (x2). off-set to meet the corners.. you can kinda see this in the lower right corner

Photo1000.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store