120 gallon Stock

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Hey guys, I have an empty 120g (4x2x2) tank and wanted to keep a turtle/turtles. I have owned a Eastern Painted turtle in the past and would like another one, but a 120g just for one Painted turtle seems a little overkill. Let me know if any of these options would work. Thanks
(Options)

1) Eastern Painted and Razorback Musk or Stinkpot
2) Painted and Slider
3) Slider and Razorback Musk
4) African Side-Necked Solo

Thanks

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Sorry meant to edit..... Instead of Slider and Razor option 3 would be a Painted and Red Bellied Cooter. If I have to go Solo, I was thinking either African Sideneck or Slider. Out of those two which do you prefer? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Had to look these up,

Cooter for sure ? n stink pot!

You have inspired me!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sorry meant to edit..... Instead of Slider and Razor option 3 would be a Painted and Red Bellied Cooter. If I have to go Solo, I was thinking either African Sideneck or Slider. Out of those two which do you prefer? Thanks

I personally like Painted and the Red Ear Slider. The smallest Musk specie would be my second option due to their size.

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Painted and Slider would be Great, everything I have read says they should do well together, but it’s up to individual turtles. You think they have a good chance of getting along ? Thanks

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Painted and Slider would be Great, everything I have read says they should do well together, but it’s up to individual turtles. You think they have a good chance of getting along ? Thanks

Yes absolutely

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Hey thanks for the advice. I have one more pair to ask about, I thought it was a bad ideas didn’t mention it but did some digging and found that Pink Bellied Sidenecks are not really aggressive at all and do mix well with other species. I was thinking since a Painted is an avid basket and the PB Side-Necked is almost fully aquatic they have a good chance of success. Would like to hear any opinions you might have. I was thinking a female Painted and whatever sex I can get on the PB Sideneck. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store