120G african cichlid tank 1st time

AR115

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2020
My girlfriends uncle just passed from cancer and his wife can no longer care for his 120g (4ft) african cichlid tank that hes had for years. It has i believe 7or8 haps and peacocks but not positive in it and we are going to take the tank. It has an fx6 and a couple. large sponges running for filtration. Question is can more fish be added or am is the tank full? I will attach a pic and maybe you guys can tell me what kind of fish you see.

B6F04BF6-517C-4D7B-8999-9778A7E95A9B.png

AR115

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2020
Thats what i figured. I had no idea about the sump set up until i just got some pictures. So basically trying to see if I can even figure it all out lol. Seems like some extreme filtration and even has an fx6 with it. Guy bad been keeping fish his whole life he has numerous larger tanks but shes going to try and keep those. All have crazy sump set ups he definitely knew what he was doing

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Closer pics of the fish would help with identifying them. But as mentioned, there looks to be some decent sized fish. If the fish are living together peacefully, I wouldn't change anything, adding fish could upset the peace.

Also, I don't see an fx6 in the pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store