125 gallon cichlid community filtration

Lukashill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2018
Yea I'm thinking of waiting two weeks and getting the fx6 and be done with it. I just get impatient and see a deal and want it lol

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Lukashill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2018
Yea I'm thinking of waiting two weeks and getting the fx6 and be done with it. I just get impatient and see a deal and want it lol
I understand that. But with the 6' tank you wont regret it.
I'm assume two aq110's and a fx6 will be sufficient?

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Both fx4 and the fx6 are on sale at petsmart right now, not sure for how long, but I saw it yesterday when I was in there.

Just checked the website, it must be in store only.

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
I recently picked up an fx4 from drs foster and Smith with a 50 dollar gift certificate, which I used to buy two 250W heaters. It's on a 100 gallon, same footprint as the 125 but three inches shorter in height. I definitely agree that the smaller canisters would be far too small. I've got a 405 on a 72 gallon bowfront as well so I've got experience with both now. The fx4 imo is the smallest I would go. Its sufficient but if I were running a large bio load I would want two. I have the intake and return on opposite ends of the tank but the surface agitation is only really good on one half the tank. I'm thinking about putting the return more towards the middle or adding a secondary powerhead in the other end of the tank for more surface agitation and better overall circulation. The fx6 would probably be perfect for a 125.

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
And anything bigger than a 125 I would probably want to go with two fx6 canisters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store