10 neon tetras
1 upside down cat fish
6 rosy barbs
4 red eye tetras

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Maybe for awhile, but look at 12volt mans posts on his gourami, i don't think you'd want 2 of those and all the other fish in there after a year

Reactions: Oscar_fishkeeper

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Would this tank stock work? 4 angle fish
1 bristle nose pleco
4 cherry barbs
10 Cory catfish
4 galaxy rasbora
5 gold barbs
2 kissing gourami
10 neon tetras
1 upside down cat fish
6 rosy barbs
4 red eye tetras
No kissing gourami, no rosy barbs, you'd need multiple upside down cats assuming you're talking about synodontis nigriventris, actually I wouldn't put barbs or rasboras in general, and neons are the natural prey of angels, so no neons either
I'd just do a big school of the red eye tetras, though if you want more colorful tetras that won't get eaten by the angels you can look into x-rays or lemons

Oscar_fishkeeper

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2020
No kissing gourami, no rosy barbs, you'd need multiple upside down cats assuming you're talking about synodontis nigriventris, actually I wouldn't put barbs or rasboras in general, and neons are the natural prey of angels, so no neons either
I'd just do a big school of the red eye tetras, though if you want more colorful tetras that won't get eaten by the angels you can look into x-rays or lemons
The angle fish r in my tank with neons and y can’t I do rosy barbs or grourami

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If by red eye tetras, Moenkhausia sanctaephilomenae or M. oligolepis is meant, then those are large enough not to be eaten but they would be much happier in a group larger than 4. I would add at least 10 of them (since other fish in the list are not advisable).

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
It's been awhile since I kept smaller fish but I think most of those barbs, tetras, rasboras, etc would rather be in groups of 10-20 than 4-6. Maybe pick a couple of your favorite and do bigger schools instead of a few each? They'll live together fine but as others have posted they'll all scatter about or swim together, not school in their own groups of different species.

Oscar_fishkeeper

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2020
It's been awhile since I kept smaller fish but I think most of those barbs, tetras, rasboras, etc would rather be in groups of 10-20 than 4-6. Maybe pick a couple of your favorite and do bigger schools instead of a few each? They'll live together fine but as others have posted they'll all scatter about or swim together, not school in their own groups of different species.
So do u think I could do
4 angle fish
10 rosy barbs
10 cory catfish
10 cherry barbs
10 rosaline barbs
10 gold barbs
10 red eye tetras
6 hoplo cat fish
2 twig cat fish
4 glass cat fish
5 rainbow fish
Would this be possible or is it to many fish

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
It might end up being a bit crowded, and I've never kept angels. Personally I'm a bigger dan of putting in your main target focus like the angels and cories and maybe a couple of your other choices, and let them simmer for a month or 2, see how you like it nad see what you feel would be a good addition, then once the novelty wears off you can add another small group, wait a month or 2, add another small group. You might find you're happy with far fewer fish than you'd planned especially once you start seeing their natural behaviors that are sometimes drowned out in a crowded busy tank. If you're wanting a crowded active tank maybe consider African cichlids, they do much better in busy tanks than peaceful little fish.

Also might consider your water hardneess,m ph etc when planning.

Reactions: Oscar_fishkeeper

Oscar_fishkeeper

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2020
It might end up being a bit crowded, and I've never kept angels. Personally I'm a bigger dan of putting in your main target focus like the angels and cories and maybe a couple of your other choices, and let them simmer for a month or 2, see how you like it nad see what you feel would be a good addition, then once the novelty wears off you can add another small group, wait a month or 2, add another small group. You might find you're happy with far fewer fish than you'd planned especially once you start seeing their natural behaviors that are sometimes drowned out in a crowded busy tank. If you're wanting a crowded active tank maybe consider African cichlids, they do much better in busy tanks than peaceful little fish.

Also might consider your water hardneess,m ph etc when planning.
Thanks

Reactions: Cal Amari
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store