125 stocking suggestions

IcK

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Winston-Salem, NC
You could probably keep a dozen firemouth in a 125, with a big group of swords and something for a centerpiece.
Something like a melanura or one of the more passive vieja- maybe one that’s a jerk.

Orange swords, firemouths and a syn, argentae or regani would be my choice.

I’d say Pearsei but most would say they outgrow a 125
What about a zonatus and a few male convicts?

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
What about a zonatus and a few male convicts?
I’ve never kept a zonatus but understand they can as belligerent as a blackbelt (maculicauda )
It could work, like anything else it’s always best to hedge your bets.

I like the idea of one male convict but not more

IcK

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Winston-Salem, NC
I’ve never kept a zonatus but understand they can as belligerent as a blackbelt (maculicauda )
It could work, like anything else it’s always best to hedge your bets.

I like the idea of one male convict but not more
Very cool. I'll be sure to post some progress pictures once I get the tank up and running.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I’m still thinking about options as I have some time before I buy the tank. Constantly in motion, the Force is.
Understand, I do.

I have some time, too. My stand is getting delivered on Friday, then I leave for vacation for 10 days. So I probably won't pick up my tank until around August 3rd. Then it has to cycle... I realistically may not have fish until September. Then I have to consider whether I want to ship fish in the heat... ugh.

I've got everything else now though including filters, media, light, heaters, and substrate.

Reactions: Jexnell

IcK

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Winston-Salem, NC
Understand, I do.

I have some time, too. My stand is getting delivered on Friday, then I leave for vacation for 10 days. So I probably won't pick up my tank until around August 3rd. Then it has to cycle... I realistically may not have fish until September. Then I have to consider whether I want to ship fish in the heat... ugh.

I've got everything else now though including filters, media, light, heaters, and substrate.
Mine may be a bit further into the fall/winer as I just got engaged this past Friday. My tank and things will be an engagement gift from the future wife as she knows I've been talking about it for a while. I'm still trying to decide if I want a 180 or a 125. The 125 is the better "value" (if there is such a thing in this hobby) since I can find it on sale with a stand if I wanted brand new, vs the cost of brand new 180. Plus, the 180 is much more difficult to find in my area for whatever reason, but if I could find it for a good price then the extra size would be worth it. I've been keeping my eyes on craigslist and Facebook marketplace, however, pickings have been slim.

I'll be doing a lot of research in the meantime which is getting me excited to jump back into the hobby.

Will you be posting progress photos of your setup?

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Mine may be a bit further into the fall/winer as I just got engaged this past Friday. My tank and things will be an engagement gift from the future wife as she knows I've been talking about it for a while. I'm still trying to decide if I want a 180 or a 125. The 125 is the better "value" (if there is such a thing in this hobby) since I can find it on sale with a stand if I wanted brand new, vs the cost of brand new 180. Plus, the 180 is much more difficult to find in my area for whatever reason, but if I could find it for a good price then the extra size would be worth it. I've been keeping my eyes on craigslist and Facebook marketplace, however, pickings have been slim.

I'll be doing a lot of research in the meantime which is getting me excited to jump back into the hobby.

Will you be posting progress photos of your setup?
Aqueon 180 is perpetually on "sale" for $700 at my lfs.

Yeah, I'll start a thread soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store