12x8x8

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Welcome to the thread!

These are more for scaping, shellies scape as they wish lol.

I gave up on chocolate gouramis. $100 minimum order for the species I want so keeping my tetras and sparkling gourami for that

Reactions: J. H.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I think the shrimp may actually be hiding very well rather than being eaten by the goby...
I found 2 dream blues yesterday, and one this morning. They weren't out in the open, but they were near the edge of the taller plants, just far enough out to be visible. I also found a CRS a few minutes ago near the back right of my tank. I've also noticed that they became less shy a couple days after I started dosing bacter ae, and when GSA started growing in my tank.

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That's the thing I suspected. Shrimp are good at hiding and babies even better. Takes a while for them to really he comfy ime

They are probably scavenging off of that stuff

Reactions: Angelphish

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Not sure what to do... No shrimp, larger shrimp, or move/sell the Goby. I may also try feeding half a bloodworm cube twice a day rather than a whole cube twice a week.
I'd do shrimp only, but I also understand that tanks can look pretty empty with only shrimp; it's why I tend to stick to nano's or anything between 1-10g for shrimp

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
If you can lay your hands on any danionella spp., they are great shrimp teammates and add a lot of interest to the tank with very little bioload and threat to your shrimp. I think Rachel O'Leary from YouTube may have some, but they are rare.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If you can lay your hands on any danionella spp., they are great shrimp teammates and add a lot of interest to the tank with very little bioload and threat to your shrimp. I think Rachel O'Leary from YouTube may have some, but they are rare.
Teensy things!

How long should it take for the shrimp to become more active? I'll have them for 2 weeks as of tomorrow.
That can depend. I've had mine for 5 weeks and they are comfy. Some of my fish took months to get comfy some only days. It can vary I think

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Haha cute!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store