135 discus build thread!!!

MikeF

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2011
Ohio
Nice looking tank. Make sure that when you get your discus always clean the substrate well. It looks like the sand may be a little deep. I had sand in my tanks, but have since switched to bare bottoms for now. Since I did, I had no idea that there was that much "crap" that I never knew that was in my tank. Good luck with your adventure, and hope all goes well. Getting fish off of Hans will be a great start.
MikeF

Mfd513

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Arkansas
Hey guys just a quick update. The tanks been running great as far as stock so far I've added a pair of german blue rams a small bristle nose pleco and a about 25 cardinal tetras. My LFS has ordered me 8 sterbia cores and 20 lemon tetras they should been in hopefully by the end of the week. Ill try and post some picks this week. After I get the cores and tetras it will be time to narrow down the discus to which ones and how many. I would like 8 but I'm not sure if thats to many for my tank.

Mfd513

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Arkansas
So its been a while since ive updated but the tank is finally done. I got real LUCKY and I happened on an add on CL the day after christmas for a guy selling 3 discus and some large plecos for a $150. I called him and asked for just the discus and he said sure $100 I got there to pick them up and they were 2- 5" Flachens from Hans and a 3" cobalt also from Hans as were getting them out of his tank hes telling me that he was getting out of FW and going all reef and asked what else I had in my tanks and I said cardinals lemons and sterbia cories so he gave me the 10 cardinals and 3 sterbia that he had in his take for free a great guylet me tell ya. He is the vp of the local reef club and was super cool. The other discus are from my LFS which only sell Hans discus so heres some pics let me know what yall think.

moneygetter1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
NYC
Great tank!!!! You're inspiring me to change my setup. Discus might just be the challenge I need. Live plants, maybe. Keep up the good work.

evilobster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
California
View attachment 720518what kind of discus are you planning on? put more wood and just some floating plants and you'll have an awesome biotope. wild discus would look very natural in that set up. they (biotopes) are also very easy to maintain. I also suck with plants and I enjoy my tank more than any other tank I have had.
hey 3dees what kind of driftwood is that and where can i buy those, i really like that look

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store