14" Goliath ATF teeth Close ups

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
Is that the same fish in your avatar? the Fish in your avatar is H. Vitattus.

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
KNH, yes, realistically Vittatus will reach 2' in a large aquarium. Mine are doing well as group of 5 (4 Vittatus, 1 Goliath). There is some scrapping every now then, but not too seriously. More like a chase here and there.

PBass, you answered your own question. The fish in my avatar is a Vittatus, so no, it isn't the fish in my avatar.
Here's a not so recent full body shot of him and below that is a couple of my Vittatuses. The differences are quite obvious, don't you think?

R1_Ridah

In Loving Memory
Apr 4, 2005
WEST COAST
Dayam....TFangs...your ATF's are so freakin PIMP!

I just picked up a Vitattus the other day and will be picking up two more on Friday.
I'm going back to my original plan as to why I wanted a monster tank.

The one I recently picked was looking awful at the LFS so I had to rescue him. He's about 8" but being in such bad conditions (tank space) it looks like his gills were starting to curl a bit. Do you think as he grows this will cure itself with a little help with some meds ??? if so what kind of meds do you think I should use.

He still looks menacing and his appetite is not an issue =-)

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
tigerfangs said:
KNH, yes, realistically Vittatus will reach 2' in a large aquarium. Mine are doing well as group of 5 (4 Vittatus, 1 Goliath). There is some scrapping every now then, but not too seriously. More like a chase here and there.

PBass, you answered your own question. The fish in my avatar is a Vittatus, so no, it isn't the fish in my avatar.
Here's a not so recent full body shot of him and below that is a couple of my Vittatuses. The differences are quite obvious, don't you think?

that is a rare find. It will be interesting to see which Locality morph it is.

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Wow!!!!
That is awesome. I would really like to get that - I need a bigger tank!
Damm that will be a real Monster in the near future!!

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
PBass, it will be interesting to watch that badboy get big, but there really is no way to tell what location morph it is. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to be fortunate enough to have a true Goliath Tiger in my living room.

Trust, I feed my ATFs smelt, shrimp and on rare occassion, feeders.

R1, glad to hear that you going ATF!!! Good luck with those ATFs, they should get pretty big in that 600.
I don't have any experience with gill curl, so I couldn't give any advise on that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store