1500 gal indoor vat/pond project UPDATE

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
Hello all,

I am really excited, as tomorrow marks the day where we start working on the vats and turning them into ponds. My sturgeon are stretching the limits of the 2 100 gal grow outs I have, so they are ready for their new home in the next couple weeks. These pictures are from a while ago. I have since cleaned out the whole area and we are going to start cutting some of the top off and draining the excess water via sump. Maybe I could cut down one of the vats all the way down to the 300-400 gal mark. Then it would be much shallower, so I could turn it into a stingray tank. Any ideas on what to do to the second one? The first is going to be a larger grow out for my sturgeon, paddlefish, and mirror carp. It will also serve as an overwintering pond for my koi, as it gets down to negative 20 Fahrenheit and sometimes colder. My sturgeon will stay out during the winter, because they are from Siberia, which has a similar climate to ours. The second could be anything. From a stingray tank to a koi pond, I have lots of options on the second one. Any advice?

Thanks,
George

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store