16" WC Delhezi

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Green color is natural and common color for delhezi in wild.
Most of my other WC and CB delhezis have green color like that one.
Ah that is indeed interesting. Lovely fish :)

Reactions: tlindsey

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
I have seen Green for sale at a premium...did you purchase as a green morph or get lucky??

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Very nice fish Giseok!

Heavily doubt it. Polys are very varied in terms of colour, so it's probably a mix of catch locality genetics, substrate and lighting. The other polys in the back are also green it seems :)
I see a little green in my female not like that though so as you say Hendre Hendre ( or should I call you sir...:evil_lol:) probably a mix of things. My guess a good base brought out just like you said substrate and lighting. You can do a lot with a little "ambiance".
Nice looking poly. Good stripes!

Reactions: magpie and Hendre

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
I see a little green in my female not like that though so as you say Hendre Hendre ( or should I call you sir...:evil_lol:) probably a mix of things. My guess a good base brought out just like you said substrate and lighting. You can do a lot with a little "ambiance".
Nice looking poly. Good stripes!
substrate + lighting will promote/enhance but this one here looks like straight up morph green! foxy.

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
I have seen Green for sale at a premium...did you purchase as a green morph or get lucky??
Not a morph and also not a luck.
That green color is natural and most common color for sexually marured Delhezi.
Some CB delhezi has only gray color but that's because of inbreeding, not there natural color

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
Not a morph and also not a luck.
That green color is natural and most common color for sexually marured Delhezi.
Some CB delhezi has only gray color but that's because of inbreeding, not there natural color
And also black colored sand or garnet sand are helpful for green color

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Black did bring out the olive tones in my wild caught senegal so I can see what happened :)

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Beautiful fish! Nice solid stripes, too.

My WC Del has some green / yellow tinges for sure - I do think that substrate and lighting have a big say in how these polys look, too - not just the LJs. My Moke looked far more green in my tank than when he initially moved to clm08k clm08k 's onto white sand. When she added black sand into the mix the green started popping back up again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store