1600 Gallon Bioshock Octopus Aquarium!

Zex Marquis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
Do you plan on adding some type of backing or support around the edges of the acrylic panels? Love what you've done so far btw

lampy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
How this coming along I’m extremely interested as I’m looking at starting my 6 foot tall build in the next 2 weeks

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Did it ever get finished?
Well there is good news and there is bad news which is why I haven’t updated in so long. The tank did hold water. I initially had a leak at two thirds full so I had to back it down and ended up adding liquid rubber as I determined the stresses on the hard epoxy shell were too great. After that I enjoyed almost a year without any issues until my dryer caught on fire and completely destroyed my home :-/ unfortunately it was a total loss. With everything that I have learned during this build my next home purchase and subsequent tank build will be concrete to ease any worries.
I will say this to the naysayers, the tank held water with no leaks after the liquid rubber was applied and I enjoyed watching my puffer fish happily swim in his own private ocean ha thanks for all the wonderful memories gents.

GouramiLove80

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2020
That really sucks about the dryer and the loss of everything! I'd love to see any pics you have of the finished project!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store