~160g monster tank?

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
You could probably keep a couple scomb payaras. And fore eels usually don't like each other! Think smaller fish .... not bashing but 160 isn't monster

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Striimi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Finland
Maybe I forget fire eel and armatus then. Just thought that 98" x 24" area would be enough, but maybe not. What would you think about shoal of red belly piranhas? Lots of plants and drift wood. Big shoal of (example neon) tetras with them, would it work?

Striimi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Finland
Fahaka puffer could be interesting, but does it grow too large? What other "wet pets" you suggest? It has not to be so predatory. A small shoal of one fish in the whole tank, or just one or two fishes. Any choices for oscars?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
black devil catfish... ive read they top out about 28 inch is that right? surpossed to be great wet pets and really aggressive!.... i really like them!

clown loach would be cool maybe with a group of african pike odoe for the surface?

Striimi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Finland
black devil catfish... ive read they top out about 28 inch is that right? surpossed to be great wet pets and really aggressive!.... i really like them!

clown loach would be cool maybe with a group of african pike odoe for the surface?
Im pretty sure that I couldnt find that black devil catfish from my country's pet shops. Same for the African pike.

Giant red tail gourami (Osphronemus laticlavius) would be nice, but very hard to find I think... Giant gourami (O. goramy) was on one store's stock list, but it get's way too big fastly I think.

[h=1][/h]

Striimi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Finland
I have read a lot about fahaka puffer (T. lineatus) now. I think 160g would be enough (am I wrong?), but is that height (16") a problem?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store