17-18" Lince Catfish

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Beautiful catfish.

Not sure loaches are happy in a bare tank, far from it. And the lince very soon wants a larger space to swim round in properly.
But if by “everyone is happy” you mean that you are, owning such a beautiful, rare and expensive catfish then yes, fully agree, I would be over the moon too.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

derunren

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2011
New York
Beautiful catfish.

Not sure loaches are happy in a bare tank, far from it. And the lince very soon wants a larger space to swim round in properly.
But if by “everyone is happy” you mean that you are, owning such a beautiful, rare and expensive catfish then yes, fully agree, I would be over the moon too.
I have been keeping clown loaches for about 20 years. I know my own clown loaches. The catfish will go into a bigger tank in a couple years. Most likely 10x3x2.5. For now everyone is happy. Thanks for the constructive advice

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
My comments may have come across as sharp, so I apologise.
I am not known to like bare tanks and believe as fish keepers we have a duty to provide a habitat for our livestock to best match their natural environment, which I agree in many cases is difficult, especially in the confines of a tank or pond.
Although I also think that there is no nicer sight than a group of clowns “playing” in a bog wood full of holes, nooks and crannies and showing their true playfull nature and heirachial squabbles. Hence to some degree my comments.
I also believe that keeping fish and fish keeping are two different things entirely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store