18 inch Piranha eats five mice!

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
Wow! Never thought I'd see personality like that in a piranha! Not that I know much about them but usually hear stories of how boreing they are lol. This guy is damn cute wiggling away all excited for his master to feed him :)
I have found that they have way more personality and interact with their owners way more when they are kept by themselves, I guess this is because they don't have to constantly live in fear of another fish taking a chunk out of them, probably why most piranhas that are schooled together are more skittish as well, this piranha and my caribe piranha have the most personality out of all my fish.

Reactions: Matteus

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I have found that they have way more personality and interact with their owners way more when they are kept by themselves, I guess this is because they don't have to constantly live in fear of another fish taking a chunk out of them, probably why most piranhas that are schooled together are more skittish as well, this piranha and my caribe piranha have the most personality out of all my fish.
Makes sense! Is the paribe the biggest piranha type?

Aquaman6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Hi Greg... just curious as to what you have growing up the back wall and how you did it? I really like the way it looks!

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
Hi Greg... just curious as to what you have growing up the back wall and how you did it? I really like the way it looks!
Honestly I don't know where it came from, I did put some goldfish from my outdoor pond in the tank about 8 years ago so maybe it came from the pond but I don't see anything like it in the pond, I never cleaned the back of the tank in over 8 years so it could just be something that grows over time.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Makes sense! Is the paribe the biggest piranha type?
Piraya is probably the biggest. Biggest I’ve seen in captivity is 21in with some reported larger in the wild. Manueli is suppose to be the second challenger but their sensitivity has prevented ones in captivity. Largest rhom I’ve seen in captivity is 18in and while there are claims of larger there has never been physical proof of it.

Victoria Love

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2018
Strong Island NY
AWESOME VIDEO!! :tropicalf Thank you for sharing. He is a gorgeous boy!! There is a satisfaction in watching our babies/buddies eating well. I wish I could get my FH Broly to be that passionate about feeding time.

Reactions: greg c
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store