2.5 gallon tank?

Nanoreefer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
Virginia
Lol, theres probably not much to do with this, but I have a 2.5 gallon tank, and was wondering what I could do with it?
I have some gravel, plastic plants, and a whisper power filter that filters 30-40 gallons.
What could I do with this?

NatashaAliza

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Pance, Colombia
Get a betta. I recently got a 3g tank, and I have a black and yellow colored male. I forgot how cool they can be :] Always happy to see me.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
you could do some jelly bean tetras and a few dwarf frogs. a tiny school of neons(3-5) or a few guppies opposed to the famous betta. or just do a few female bettas. its your tank but thees are just some ideas, also maybe a pair of dwarf gouramis.

Nanoreefer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
Virginia
These all seem like some pretty good ideas. LFS is selling albino dwarf frogs, they look pretty cool. Guppies and bettas are an option, too.
Do you think I could mix the guppies and dwarf frogs or just keep them separate?

AutumnEffect

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2010
York County, PA
If you go with a betta, just make sure that the current from your filter is not too strong. The females do better than males in this regard, but in that small of a tank I wouldn't do more than one betta regardless of sex.

As far as other choices go, how about microrasboras?

If you can find them, wild type male feeder guppies would be good too. In a planted tank, their colors really come out. The ones I have are a combo of iridescent blue/green/silver/red and black.

ltvills

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
EMPTY! no it wont! totaly start like and ant colony of see monkeys?

then bring in the guppies to eat em up! nom nom nom!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store