2 empty 40 breeders. Ideas?

JakeT99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2018
Brainerd, MN
Will start off by saying only 1 holds water to about the half way point then leaks like a SOB, and the other has the opening front so wont hold. I got the locking, opening front from a buddy who rehomed his ball python, and the other I've had for a while, I've kept ball bythons, a couple beardies, I had a red footed tortoise, and a crested gecko when I was younger. So by no means an expert but not a noob either. I'm wondering what you guys would recommend for one of these tanks or both maybe, I've been thinking about a boa since I read they would he fine in a 40b for a few years as they grow so slowly, and also leopard geckos but I read they do better in small tanks with little open space. Any ideas or input greatly appreciated! Nothing is out of the picture just looking for some cool pet ideas! :) and feel free to post pictures of your pets too just becuase!!!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Why not go a different route and do insects? There are a lot of interesting insects. If you've ever watched bug fights involving them then you'll know just how ruthless they are, feeding them would be quite the show. A scorpion is a nice freaky factor. Vinegaroons are an odd ball. Hermit crabs wouldn't be bad, you could have a nice little colony. Millipedes are cute. Here is a site I frequent, you can get a lot of ideas from it.
https://undergroundreptiles.com/product-category/animals/

JakeT99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2018
Brainerd, MN
Hard no from the lady with any insects, scorps, tarantulas, or any bug. Already tried getting a mantis a while back and she wasn't keen on it. It took months to get her not utterly terrified of my ball pythons

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Leopard geckos? Mine are really active, they are in a 15 gallon but thinking about upgrading since one likes to run around a lot.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Oh boo, that's no fun. I'm guessing she won't go for madagascar hissing cockroaches then eh? Hmm... Perhaps a fire skink suits your fancy?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Glad I could help :), fire skinks are a personal favorite of mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store