2 ID's Chrenicichla

Runninamok

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
NY
Been out of the game for a bit. Was out and about today and came across a lot of Pike's at local Pet Shops.

First Pic Below. Selling them labeled Black Stripe Pike. Pic is not the best but had some black coloration at top of the dorsal. Some pink tint in there as well. The had large black dots ont he tail and a flare around them that had some pink, and purple, white and black.

2nd Pic they were Labeled Red Pike. Im thinking there were Atabapo, but unsure which variant. I, 2 or the tapajo.

Any ideas on the ID's here?

Lastly, both shops had some real interesting stuff. Zebrina sellng for like $399. Adult Rosemary selling for a crazy number. $699. All the shps i went to had Orange Zingu's. 2 of them also had Jewel Pikes. One real big Atabapo that was coloring up nice.

Pike LFS1.jpg

Pike LFS2.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Look like sp Venezuela and atabapo 1.

Runninamok

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
NY
Thx! Was hoping they were Atabapo 1, but they lacked any of the red coloration. Looked to be about 7 inches so i was thinking they might already start to color. Good price on them so im thinking about going back if they are open tomorrow.

Any ideas how they do as Pairs as they grow. Will be in a 90 for the next 2 months. Lots of nooks and crannies to hide. Some tankmates. New Tank is 180. Wont be completed till about March or so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store