20 gallon fish tank

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
i have a 20gal in my room with a pair of kribs in it they havent bred and i get money on friday i was wonderen if i should sell them and get some small fresh water barracudas. and when they get big enough ill put them in my 77gal tank.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
come on give me ur opinion on this please :feedback:

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
well what do want to keep? do you want to breed? do you want a fish to feed live. We need some info to be able to help.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
i wanna keep some barracudas but there small and i need ed a growing tank so i was ganna grow out small fish in there and move them up on tank size when they got to big

NeonTetraFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
I wouldn't put them in a 20 gallon. If you want them I would recommend putting them in the 77 gallon now. But then again, that is my opinion.

TrickyRicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2005
Leeds, England
thefishofdoom said:
i have a 20gal in my room with a pair of kribs in it they havent bred and i get money on friday i was wonderen if i should sell them and get some small fresh water barracudas. and when they get big enough ill put them in my 77gal tank.
Kribs nice fish one of the more smaller cichlids very nice
:D

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I'm just not clear on what fish is being referred to, sometimes hujetas and cachorros are sold as fw barracudas, as are black finned halfbeaks, pike topminnows, and african pike characins. Most of these reach 12-16" and grow pretty quickly, if you get them at 3" long expect to move them inside of six months, probably sooner. Because of their shape theyy need manuever room so I would movet hem when they hit 6-8"long. All except the phago (african pike characin) prefer to be in schools so you should get at least three, 5 would be better, all of these fish like a little salt in the water.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
k thanks and the resone i dont put them in the 77 gal right away is that there so small my peacock bass will eat them

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I would sell them and go with the barracudas, only cuz ive never had them and they sound neat. :)

mikehawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
FL
Barracuda spook easily and aren't that bright. They need a pretty big tank. I just watched my friend's barracuda skin its nose because somebody walked by the tank (55gal) and the fish took off and rammed its face into the glass.

I wouldn't put them in the 20gal if I were you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store