20 gallon puffer tank?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I agree not saying they would work in a 20G, but dont rush out and buy a bigger tank either wirhout first thinking if what you really want to own is a colorful pet rock as you called them lol...

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I personally like the lurkers because where my tank is does not get high traffic so Im not looking at them all the time. If it were in my living room I would probably want something more active for sure. My hairy puffer is in the home office which I really only go in once a day, if even that, so having the fish fairly inactive works for me. But from what Ive read my hairy puffer is fairly active compared to some and definitely more active than most dragon, Congo and arrowheads.

I personally love the look of the arrowhead and want one and if I did it I would give it a 40B just for the ease of maintenance. More water volume just makes keeping the tank so much easier to me. I like the dragon/humpbacks too and would likely just put in in my extra 65B with an Aquaclear AC110 on it if I did one of those. But I like the extra space and I do over filter.

Gabriel_Martucci Gabriel_Martucci Keep us updated on what you decide and put some pics up if you get one.

Reactions: Gabriel_Martucci

Gabriel_Martucci

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2018
yes I have been doing A LOT of research and am probably going to get 3 , 40 breeders .1 Will be for a lurker puffer still not sure which one I want (I like the dragon , red congo and arohead the most).

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
yes I have been doing A LOT of research and am probably going to get 3 , 40 breeders .1 Will be for a lurker puffer still not sure which one I want (I like the dragon , red congo and arohead the most).
Dont rule out a hairy puffer... that is about as wierd as it gets. Hair like flesh on a fish!

Reactions: Fat Homer

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
Lurkers are awesome and full of personality, I did adore my red mirius and hairy puffer when had them. I am enjoying my schoutedenis more though as in living room and much more interactivity.

Plenty of pics when you get them!

Reactions: Gabriel_Martucci
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store