200 gallon Glass Tank Refurb

ConduKtor

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2017
Hey everyone, Im new to the site and wanted to bounce a few ideas and questions off yall. The tank I am working with has sustained some damage and I'm firstly wondering if its even worth the trouble to fix. If so, I was wondering what to do about the large crescent shaped break, can it be fixed with silicone or epoxy or another method? If not, is there a way to cut the glass before the break, and then do the same on the other side? Also seeing that side is missing the glass, when replaced I was wondering if maybe a shorter pane of glass would be a good idea to utilize an overflow? I Currently have a 75 gallon tank and a 2000 gallon pond so Im not a complete noob, but am when it comes to a tank of this size and the extensive repair of one. Ive done light repair work on the 75, but nothing like this . I do think though that any repair work I would be able to do myself though. Thanks again everyone!

good 1.JPG

good 2 .JPG

good 3 .JPG

good 4 break.JPG

good 5 break 2 .JPG

ConduKtor

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2017
I was going to keep it all glass, but depending on what i heat from the local glass shop, I am considering doing a plywood build...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store