200 Gallon stocking question

Krisg19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi

So with my new tank arriving within a few weeks im looking to build my stock list currently to go in the 200
Fish i already have (Will be staying in the aquariums they are in till the 200 is up and cycled):
4 Ctenopoma acutirostre
polypterus ornatipinnis
polypterus ansorgii

I am looking at adding a synodontis longirostris would the be any issues with this and also looking for some other suggestions of what would be compatible.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Other lower jaw polys or upper big 3 weeksi, teugelsi, other larger synos. Just make sure the synos are to big to eat when introduced. Most grow fast but can cause a choking hazard for fish trying to eat them.

Reactions: tlindsey

Krisg19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2019
Other lower jaw polys or upper big 3 weeksi, teugelsi, other larger synos. Just make sure the synos are to big to eat when introduced. Most grow fast but can cause a choking hazard for fish trying to eat them.
Really i only wanted to keep with the one syno listed above as finding a longirostris in the UK seems to be becoming a task more polys would have been an idea but the only other poly i want is a polypterus teugelsi but been unable to find. im looking for some suggestions on dither fish or some other African based fish that maybe easy to find. I was thinking a Xenomystus nigri but due to the maximum size and body shape think it might become a spaghetti string for the polys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store