200g Stocking Ideas

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I have 5 clown loaches in my 180G with EBA's, Bala Sharks, and Denison Barbs. Although I plan on removing the Bala sharks as they are a little rambunctious for a 6ft tank.
Yeah balas are nice fish but should be kept in much larger tanks. Most pet stores sell them and tell ppl they only get to 6 inches when they can get upto 2ft.

• Wow
Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Aww come on Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane , that's 3ft clown loach and now 2ft bala sharks, all in the same thread. You're not a fisherman are you by any chance?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Aww come on Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane , that's 3ft clown loach and now 2ft bala sharks, all in the same thread. You're not a fisherman are you by any chance?
Lol I am but I have atleast seen 1.5 foot bala being sold at my lfs. He dwarfed the 1ft leporinus and the 10in Oscars they had in at the time. Honestly should've taken a pic of him while he was there but he sold within 3 days.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Besides always better to over estimate then under estimate a fishes potential size when adding one to the tank.

lastmanstanding

Exodon
MFK Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
So I ended up with 6 severum around 6" each, 2 geophagus around 5", and 3 red hook silver dollars about 4" each. Heard a guy at the lake who had them in his cooler and was gonna toss them in. They are in pretty beat up shape. Lots of cuts and bruises and the yellow hump geo has a bum eye. (There were also 2 mean banded leporinus is cooler as well but those went in a buddy's tank) i pulled my 5 electric blue acara into my q tank. I'm thinking I may rehome some sev's to move my acara back in. What's the conscecus on aggression of that many sevs in 1 tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store