2017 Growouts

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
Looking good how they get along
The Severum and Green Terror get along great, never fight, and I just picked up the fire mouth today at that size for $8 bucks (lucky me!) and so far he's looking like he'll fit in great. Green terror is pokin at him, but It's more of just a I'm boss rather than a I want to kill you. Severum minds his own business as well so I think firemouth will do great.

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
UPDATE: Sadly it turns out that the fire mouth was carrying ick and this is the most EXTREME case of ick i've seen. in a mater of 2 or 3 days the tank went from perfectly fine know signs to all of the fish covered in ick on the bottom barely swimming. The Gold Severum died this afternoon, and the green terror is not looking to good. Firemouth is perfectly fine. just scared to death with all of the medication in the tank. Will keep updated on turn out

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Oh no that's a bummer
Did you raise temp and add salt

Reactions: kingflowerhorn

kingflowerhorn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2016
It is notable that Ich alone is not fatal. Fatalities occur mainly through secondary infections.

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
Well idk what else it could be because the water parameters were fine tested it and all was good

Rox

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2016
Can you post your parameters? Are you using a liquid test kit or test strips. If you are using test strips they are no good and the readings will be off. Just cause you say the water is "fine" doesn't mean it actually is!

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
I've gotten rid of ICH by cranking the heater to 86 and hold it there for 2 weeks, you'll see a noticeable difference in about a week, however keeping it up for the full 2 weeks is crucial in eradicating it from your system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store