Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

2019 Photo Contests schedule and intent

Discussion in 'Photo of the Month' started by Chicxulub, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Chicxulub

Chicxulub Hand of the King
      Staff Member

Rob Finnick
      41 minutes ago
      Good morning all!

This thread is for the discussion of the photo contests for next year.

First and foremost, make sure you take note of the new email address:

mfkcontests@gmail.com

As always, you MUST include either TOTM or POTM as appropriate in the subject line and your MFK user name MUST be somewhere in the body of the message or I will simply delete the email and move to the next.

The schedule-
      January: TotM
      February: PotM
      March: TotM
      April: PotM
      May: TotM
      June: PotM
      July: TotM
      August: PotM
      September: TotM
      October:. PotM
      November: TotM
      December: PotM

The first and most major change is as follows: I will no longer be taking entries throughout the month of the contest, and then arbitrarily starting the contest sometime near the end of the month. Moving forward, entries will be accepted any time before the contest begins. Contests will then be posted in the first week of the month they're scheduled for (see the schedule above), hopefully on the first Monday of every month. If not the first Monday, then definitely sometime in the first week. Voting will be allowed until the last week of the month, at which point I will announce the winner in time to prevent overlap with the next contest.

Also, I am going to be FAR more strict in enforcing the no re-entry rule for a particular contest for the rest of the year. Due to my having lost data in 2018, we had one winner get around this rule. I didn't catch it however, so that's on me. ;)

Included in this is the fact that this year's *OTY winners are not eligible to enter into any of whichever 2019 contest they happened to win. For example, if you win Photo of the Year in 2018, you can't enter any Photo of the Month in 2019 to give others a chance. You could still enter Tank of the Month however.

Please feel free to go ahead and enter the January TotM contest using the email above!

Good luck!

Loco Lucas, Jonthn21, dan518 and 5 others like this.
    2. Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami Bronze Tier VIP

Yesterday at 10:41 PM
      Sounds good rob. Looking forward to another year of the contests, they have been fun lately

Babyblue, gotin20, Matteus and 2 others like this.
    3. slipshodman

slipshodman Plecostomus

Chris
      Today at 4:10 AM
      thanks for putting in the time @Chicxulub@Chicxulub

I have really enjoyed the TotM & PotM since becoming a member here

Good luck to all for 2019

Chicxulub likes this.