2019 Photo Contests schedule and intent

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Good morning all!

This thread is for the discussion of the photo contests for next year.

First and foremost, make sure you take note of the new email address:

mfkcontests@gmail.com

As always, you MUST include either TOTM or POTM as appropriate in the subject line and your MFK user name MUST be somewhere in the body of the message or I will simply delete the email and move to the next.

The schedule-
January: TotM
February: PotM
March: TotM
April: PotM
May: TotM
June: PotM
July: TotM
August: PotM
September: TotM
October:. PotM
November: TotM
December: PotM

The first and most major change is as follows: I will no longer be taking entries throughout the month of the contest, and then arbitrarily starting the contest sometime near the end of the month. Moving forward, entries will be accepted any time before the contest begins. Contests will then be posted in the first week of the month they're scheduled for (see the schedule above), hopefully on the first Monday of every month. If not the first Monday, then definitely sometime in the first week. Voting will be allowed until the last week of the month, at which point I will announce the winner in time to prevent overlap with the next contest.

Also, I am going to be FAR more strict in enforcing the no re-entry rule for a particular contest for the rest of the year. Due to my having lost data in 2018, we had one winner get around this rule. I didn't catch it however, so that's on me. ;)

Included in this is the fact that this year's *OTY winners are not eligible to enter into any of whichever 2019 contest they happened to win. For example, if you win Photo of the Year in 2018, you can't enter any Photo of the Month in 2019 to give others a chance. You could still enter Tank of the Month however.

Please feel free to go ahead and enter the January TotM contest using the email above!

Good luck!

slipshodman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Australia
thanks for putting in the time Chicxulub Chicxulub

I have really enjoyed the TotM & PotM since becoming a member here

Good luck to all for 2019

Reactions: Chicxulub

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Good morning all!

This thread is for the discussion of the photo contests for next year.

First and foremost, make sure you take note of the new email address:

mfkcontests@gmail.com

As always, you MUST include either TOTM or POTM as appropriate in the subject line and your MFK user name MUST be somewhere in the body of the message or I will simply delete the email and move to the next.

The schedule-
January: TotM
February: PotM
March: TotM
April: PotM
May: TotM
June: PotM
July: TotM
August: PotM
September: TotM
October:. PotM
November: TotM
December: PotM

The first and most major change is as follows: I will no longer be taking entries throughout the month of the contest, and then arbitrarily starting the contest sometime near the end of the month. Moving forward, entries will be accepted any time before the contest begins. Contests will then be posted in the first week of the month they're scheduled for (see the schedule above), hopefully on the first Monday of every month. If not the first Monday, then definitely sometime in the first week. Voting will be allowed until the last week of the month, at which point I will announce the winner in time to prevent overlap with the next contest.

Also, I am going to be FAR more strict in enforcing the no re-entry rule for a particular contest for the rest of the year. Due to my having lost data in 2018, we had one winner get around this rule. I didn't catch it however, so that's on me. ;)

Included in this is the fact that this year's *OTY winners are not eligible to enter into any of whichever 2019 contest they happened to win. For example, if you win Photo of the Year in 2018, you can't enter any Photo of the Month in 2019 to give others a chance. You could still enter Tank of the Month however.

Please feel free to go ahead and enter the January TotM contest using the email above!

Good luck!
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but under the new system does it mean I can for example send you an entry for the marchTOTM now and it will be included or do we need to wait for you to announce you are accepting entries like last year?
Also thanks for getting this up and running again, always enjoy the competitons each month.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but under the new system does it mean I can for example send you an entry for the marchTOTM now and it will be included or do we need to wait for you to announce you are accepting entries like last year?
Also thanks for getting this up and running again, always enjoy the competitons each month.
You can send at any time, and any entries I receive will go into the next scheduled contest for which the entry is appropriate. You don't need to wait for my announcements to enter; those are just my attempt at drawing attention to the ability to enter.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thanks for doing this man. So dont send in anything for POTM right? But TOTM is cool right ?

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thanks for doing this man. So dont send in anything for POTM right? But TOTM is cool right ?
You can send in either at any time. One can request a month for an entry if they wish. I have one inbox, so I just sort pics into the appropriate contest when the time comes

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
You can send in either at any time. One can request a month for an entry if they wish. I have one inbox, so I just sort pics into the appropriate contest when the time comes
Sorry bro the question was about being a prior winner. So if someone won the potm then they can only send in totm pics ? Sorry man no nicotine for 3 or 4 days.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Sorry bro the question was about being a prior winner. So if someone won the potm then they can only send in totm pics ? Sorry man no nicotine for 3 or 4 days.
Oh

It's a new year so that's reset. Only *otY winners are on a blanket restriction this year, and only from the contest they won.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store