210 gallon bichirs

hte destroyer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
No need to split it into compartments. The 40 breeder a pump, filter socks, and bio is all you need.

We can help with the plumbing aspect. Did you purchase the tank already ? If so and it isnt drilled you can do a hob oveeflow and sump but if it were me i would just go with hob filters or canisters. Those hob over flows can cause floods.

You can also drill your own holes if the glass isnt tempered
Yes I already have the tank it has two built in overflows one on each corner and it's an acrylic tank with a top panel so I would need to cut quite a bit to be able to do a hob but I intend to drill two holes on top for the canister filter hoses. The 40 gallon tank I have is an actual sump tank so it has multiple compartments and an area for the pipes.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yes I already have the tank it has two built in overflows one on each corner and it's an acrylic tank with a top panel so I would need to cut quite a bit to be able to do a hob but I intend to drill two holes on top for the canister filter hoses. The 40 gallon tank I have is an actual sump tank so it has multiple compartments and an area for the pipes.
Oh that makes life much easier. I would decide between simp or can and not use both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store