Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Literally started on Monday or I can say I officially noticed that day. My 5" Grammodes is flashing like crazy I'm talking about scratching against items in the tank so hard he ends up ramming into the glass. He literally stays in a cave all day now. Denied worms and sinking carnivore pellets. Came home from work tonight (night shift) and now my female grammodes is flashing, and the female umbee. Just last week my big grammodes was damn near jumping out the tank for feeding time. I really feel like something is wrong with him internally cause he looks fine on the outside no fin damage, no missing scales, or any spots. These are my current medications I have. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Another thing are grammodes prone to any special diseases that they can only get ? I thought this was a grammodes issue at fist until I seen my umbee flashing just as much. Only difference is the umbee eats and my grammodes do not.

florencejr11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
Ol girl decided to come out I'm noticing these small little white spots as you can see scattered throughout her body. Am I dealing with ick? I thought that comes from cold water ?
IMG_0999.jpeg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Looks like ich to me, you still get it in hotter tanks, the heat simply speeds up the life cycle.
Best treatment is going to be salt and heat:

Reactions: tlindsey

florencejr11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
Looks like ich to me, you still get it in hotter tanks, the heat simply speeds up the life cycle.
Best treatment is going to be salt and heat:
Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store