225-on-order-details-once-it-arives...then I receive a 300???

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
sweet man nice stock!
Cheers

Right then first fish is in. I mentioned before that this is you'd to be our pleco and got moved next door to my spare 'silly tank' a 33 gallon tank that about 6 foot long. I never really noticed how large it had got as it spent most of it's time sat under some bogwood. It's huge, not in comparison to the tank but I can't believe how big it's got

The wife has named it Derek, I hate naming fish as they tend to die, but it's in and I think it's in complete shock about the amount of water it has to swim. We'll let it settle in over night and see what's what:

derek.jpg

derek1.jpg

derek.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Sorry about the double post I messed up the attachments:

This at the moment is my problem, the Germans e-mech filter is simply too good. when it was priming on the other tank it took 2 months to clog, this needed a second media change today in a week, apparently you can't clean it so I figure I'll go with three options:

One, ignore the e-mech sheet and run without it,

or two. scrap the e-mech sheet and run standard filter floss which can be cleaned, the canister is so easy to use and maintain,

or three cut a hole in the center and see how that goes as that seems to be the worse section where the impeller pulls the water through.

How you sump guys and gals do it with filter socks on sumps I'll never know. You can let me know :)

Top:

media-1.jpg

Bottom:

media-2.jpg

What it's taking out I'll never know?

media-1.jpg

media-2.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I'm on a roll now,

I seriously thought long and hard about posting these pictures but and the end of the day the tank is small, I've said that since day one, I've also said the tank is full of algae on the glass, fish is happy apart from being confined, the water is fine(even though it's taking a 50% water change per day to keep it this way) and at the end of the day this is what this tank is all about, all be it three months late. When all the delivery problems started and the tank delays seemed like it was never going to happen I almost gave him away, but ladies and gentleman here is Arnie the Aro:

arn2.jpgarn1.jpg

I'm a proud fish keeper, sometimes things aren't ideal but 'will do' for a short periods of time, again I thought long and hard about posting these, if anyone has not kept a fish in a tank too small for long periods(i.e. life followed by death) or even in a temp situation without a permanent solution then flame away.

He is fin perfect and eating well, I've walked past him everyday and told the fish 'not long now, I'm sorry it's taking/took so long'

arn2.jpg

arn1.jpg

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Take the filter floss media that you have and get a 5 gallon bucket full of tank water...rinse away.

With sumps and filter socks...you just pull the sock and toss it in the wash...no soap or bleach. Just a few cycles and spin to dry. GOod as new :)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Take the filter floss media that you have and get a 5 gallon bucket full of tank water...rinse away.

With sumps and filter socks...you just pull the sock and toss it in the wash...no soap or bleach. Just a few cycles and spin to dry. GOod as new :)
Interesting.. I've blasting this stuff under pressure and nothing would move, the wife way going to try running through the washing machine with nothing added tomorrow. I'll post back with results....

Pleco doing well. after a couple of 'OMG it's dead' moments it's found the dirtiest part of the tank the filter inlets, must be able to see something we can't ;)

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
This is great... Keep us posted with daily photos of new stock. Heck I even want to see feedings.

Arnie is going to be very happy soon.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
This is great... Keep us posted with daily photos of new stock. Heck I even want to see feedings.

Arnie is going to be very happy soon.
Why not I'll do a feeding video once all is well,

Derek as he's been named has sat in the corner of the tank all night and most of today just moving around the same 6'' squared of the tank, the wife came home and started moaning about a build up of small brown hair algae on a tiny part of the glass. I said it's not a problem once the big plec arrives I said, it'll sort it out.

Two hours later, glass clean ;):

derek-in-and-happy.jpg

Apparently Derek is Hungry ;)

It's been decided Arnie is going in tomorrow. Video going up now of the move to be....

I can't bare to see the guy in the little tank any longer. For the past 2 months I been giving him daily updates as I walk past, I know it's a fish but it make me feel better, video going up now.....

derek-in-and-happy.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
[YT]Eh4zy9ROL00[/YT]

Sat 14:00 GMT Arnie gets moved.... the preview

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store