225 reseal in NC, whos the man?

D-WALT

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 2, 2009
North Carolina
Do it yourself, you will feel more proud of it and you will love it that much more.. but its nice to see another MFK memeber in NC!

clownie33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2010
maryland
get yourself some aquaruim safe silicone and re-seal it it shouldnt be any different than what you've done before except for the larger scale it doesn't need a new frame does it ?

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
I did a 5x2x30" 190g myself in my living room. Do it yourself! open all the windows though, and be careful, the sillycone fumes will knock you out.

I also changed this same tank from a center overflow box to the back wall.

Get yourself some 90* clamps from lowes, the more the better. You can see them in place in the photo. Also, get some good strong help to assist you in setting the glass. Save yourself some money and do it yourself!

troubleshootn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
valdese nc
Hey thanks for the motivation, it doesnt have a lower frame at all. It does have two support braces on top that are siliconed in, that allow for a 48 inchlight. I think the hardest part will be clamping the glass in the correct location. Oh one other issue is the side edge of the bottom glass is chipped but no to the point I think it will crack or lose wieght support maybe Ill grab acouple pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store