23-24 inch Widebar Datnoid - Shipped!

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Sent this ST from Vancouver to Seattle to Cali. Total hours in transit, 10.5 hours. Probably the biggest fish I have ever shipped. Not only was the datnoid a solid 23-24 inch, he was also 12-13 inch high with crazy sharp spines.

I had to put 2 styro boxes together because of the height of this ST. Fish is acclimating now and hoping for the best.

It was quite a challenge throughout the journey but here are some pics.

Size comparison to 24 inch red arowana (FYI: Below pic was taken in Vancouver where the asian aro is legal!!!)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn that is a beast....probably the biggest that I can recall seeing in a tank.Very glad that it made it through the journey.

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Damn that is a beast....probably the biggest that I can recall seeing in a tank.Very glad that it made it through the journey.
Same here! Really glad the ST made it. It was a long 11 hours until I finally heard the good news! I think I worried more than the buyer lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Same here! Really glad the ST made it. It was a long 11 hours until I finally heard the good news! I think I worried more than the buyer lol
Oh I can imagine!...I always worry about my fish while they are in transit but in this case the scarcity of the fish only adds to the already high stakes.

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
That's amazing! Great job. I tried buying a 5-6"er from seller in CA a few yrs back but it didn't make it through no fault of the seller. The bag was secured in plastic tupperware as a preventative measure for the spines. Unfortunately, the bag was punctured and was DOA. :(

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Definitely scary shipping such a large fish. Dats can be tricky to ship but all we can do is our best. Luck also plays a big role.

I will let the buyer reveal himself if he wants to! Hopefully he will post some pics on this thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store