24/7 New Water changer (chemical Way)

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
Just got my dosmatic 1% pump today and I am setting up my dripper and I want to make sure I double check a few things before I get started.

1. I am planning to do 2 GPH ~ 50 Gallon per day dripper. How much mixture of prime do I need to dilute to my RODI water in a 5 gallon bucket ?

I noticed on Neo's thread he recommend 1:80 for Prime. So I need to do 1ml of prime per 80 ml of RO/DI water ?

2. Are you guys running any 110V solenoid to prevent overflowing in the event of a power loss ? Assuming you are running a pump to drain excess water out. if so, where do you mount the solenoid ? does the Dosmatic requires priming if water stop flowing ?

So far, here's the order of what I am going to do...

Tap Water Source - Shut off valve - Pressure Regulator - 1 Micro Filter - Dosmatic - RO valve solenoid - Dripper.

Should I used a shut off valve before and after the dosmatic per dosmatic instruction ?

Any advice, tips or other input are greatly appreciated..

stan

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
flamenco-t;1581456; said:
Just got my dosmatic 1% pump today and I am setting up my dripper and I want to make sure I double check a few things before I get started.

1. I am planning to do 2 GPH ~ 50 Gallon per day dripper. How much mixture of prime do I need to dilute to my RODI water in a 5 gallon bucket ?

I noticed on Neo's thread he recommend 1:80 for Prime. So I need to do 1ml of prime per 80 ml of RO/DI water ?

2. Are you guys running any 110V solenoid to prevent overflowing in the event of a power loss ? Assuming you are running a pump to drain excess water out. if so, where do you mount the solenoid ? does the Dosmatic requires priming if water stop flowing ?

So far, here's the order of what I am going to do...

Tap Water Source - Shut off valve - Pressure Regulator - 1 Micro Filter - Dosmatic - RO valve solenoid - Dripper.

Should I used a shut off valve before and after the dosmatic per dosmatic instruction ?

Any advice, tips or other input are greatly appreciated..

stan
how many tanks you running?

if you set it at 1:500 - the dilute prime is 1:80 which is like 1cup prime to 5gallon distilled water. then you caculate the drips to get how many gallon per day.

i dont use solenoid since im dripping 24/7 and water overflow by gravity anyway.. so i dont worry about power lost...

you should have atlease a shutoff after the water source... so you can change the micon filter... after is optional... but if your dripper can shut off.. the it can act like a shut off valve..

how you get the water out? by pumping or the gravity overflow?

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
neoprodigy;1601315; said:
how many tanks you running?
Just 1 tank

if you set it at 1:500 - the dilute prime is 1:80 which is like 1cup prime to 5gallon distilled water. then you caculate the drips to get how many gallon per day.
1 Cup of Prime to 5 Gallon of water..Got it.

I am doing 48 gallons per day. So each bacth will last me approximately or 10 days. Am I correct ?

i dont use solenoid since im dripping 24/7 and water overflow by gravity anyway.. so i dont worry about power lost...

you should have atlease a shutoff after the water source... so you can change the micon filter... after is optional... but if your dripper can shut off.. the it can act like a shut off valve..
I will have a shutoff immediately after the water tap source. When you do service the filter pre Dosmatic Pump, do I need to re-prime the dosmatic to get it going again ? or will a simple water pressure get it going again ? iam not sure if my dripper can shut off, it's a simple $ 4 piece from the sprinkler dept at home depot.

how you get the water out? by pumping or the gravity overflow?
I am getting water out by a pump and float switch, that's why i am running a solenoid. I will be running 2 pumps as well, just in case of a power loss and one pump will not re-start.

My sump can handle 30 gallon is of water to the top rim, which is about 15 hours of dripping. I should be home by then :)

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
flamenco-t;1602013; said:
I am doing 48 gallons per day. So each bacth will last me approximately or 10 days. Am I correct ?
no, so when you have 5 gallon of distilled prime.. and you run it at 1:500 so 5 x 500 = 2500 gallon of treated water and you will get about 52 days worth.

I will have a shutoff immediately after the water tap source. When you do service the filter pre Dosmatic Pump, do I need to re-prime the dosmatic to get it going again ? or will a simple water pressure get it going again ? iam not sure if my dripper can shut off, it's a simple $ 4 piece from the sprinkler dept at home depot.
its all done water pressure..

I am getting water out by a pump and float switch, that's why i am running a solenoid. I will be running 2 pumps as well, just in case of a power loss and one pump will not re-start.

My sump can handle 30 gallon is of water to the top rim, which is about 15 hours of dripping. I should be home by then :)
that is one way... of doing it... you can add an UPS just incase..

you can also make a overflow that drip into a air conditioner condenser pump ... and also a UPS. :)

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
52 Days worth ? Sweet....I forgot the 1:500 rate when I did my calculation :)

I may do the UPS thing. I figured in the event of a power loss, I want all system to shut down anyway and I cna double check to make sure everything is in order when I re-start the system.

Thanks again neo..

I'll post some pics when I am done..

stan

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
flamenco-t;1602289;1602289 said:
52 Days worth ? Sweet....I forgot the 1:500 rate when I did my calculation :)

I may do the UPS thing. I figured in the event of a power loss, I want all system to shut down anyway and I cna double check to make sure everything is in order when I re-start the system.

Thanks again neo..

I'll post some pics when I am done..

stan
you should plug few essential equipment into the ups any way..

epicentyr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
GR Michigan
flamenco-t;1581456; said:
If you are using RO/DI for your WC why do you need Prime? RO/DI is perfectly pure water there should not be any chlorine ammonia or chloramines. Am I mistaken?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store