24 Foot Long Tank Recommendations

Tarheel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2009
North Carolina
Wow that is sweet. I would put a lot of different severums in it but the African setup would be nice also, either way you would get a lot of color. Have fun with that, I know I would!

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Awesome

bcpits

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Vernon
6group of clown laoch
a group of blue dolphin . relatively peacefull , get up to 9 inches.
a group of labs
a group of yellow tail acie
a few of synodontis, they should take care of fry
A group of rusties
you should be able to incorporate a few more species as well.
This would be a relatively peaceful lake malawi set up.
The blue moori dolphins could be your 'big fish'. The moori and acei would probably utilize the the tank, liking the free open swimming area that would could have.
They would also be ok with the mellower mbuna yellow labs /rusites.
I have no idea about interbreeding, with the labs and rusties, but either way. The synodotnits group would keep that in check.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
That's an awesome tank - VERY good idea to loose the exsisting substrate, with almost all medium to large cichlids that's a disaster waiting to happen. They'd spit those golfball size rocks at the glass. With that kinda room you can go with any type of African combo you'd like. It would be very colorful and full of activity with a good mix of mbuna, peacock, and haps. The only way to stop crossbreeding is probably an all Male tank. Bichirs work in my tank to rid unwanted babies, Rainbow sharks do a great job as a cleaning crew in my tank. I'd suggest researching the fish for yourself - there are 1,000's of rift lake fish - here's a good reserch link that was shared to me http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/index.php

PauloSilva

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2006
Sarnia
With a tank like that I think it would be safe to mix some colorful peacocks and haps with some relatively calm mbuna.

Possibly

Anything Peacock (ngara flametails, ruby reds)
Some haps (Moori, Placidochromis Jalo, Red Empress)

Then some Saulosi for mbuna cause you'll get the black and blues from the males and the yellows from the females along with some acei.

This could be the wickedist malawi tank ever set up.

DrDoNothing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2009
Far Arden
Thought #1: Why don't you ship the tank to me so I can evaluate it for a while and I'll get back to you on it?

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
Visit my site www.Somethingfishyinc.net See blog for more pics etc.

We specialize in rift lake cichlids & have a hatchery.

Go with fish that do not look alike as in Demasoni & Saulosi because males look similar & aggression may occur.
Its huge tank & have many options.
I would keep the drift wood myself.
Then a possible list of fishes.
Pseudo Saulosi 24-36, Ido Rustys 12-18?, Pseudo Acei, Labido Yellow top Mabambas 12-24, Group of Moorii 12, 1 male Peacock of each strain. Maybe a trio of Champrochomis Trouts for population control?
This would be a Malawian reef. Have many mbuna as reef like fish, Peacocks like your salt water angels, & your haps as the predators open water.
Clown Loaches are good, also Yoyo Loaches, Syno Decorus 2, Syno. Multipunctatus 12, Syno Eupterus 2 , & ???

me Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store