24 year old 125 gallon tank silicone looks great?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah' in bathrooms I'm used to a small rug here and there on a hard floor.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
I think I have the same tank, is the brand "All Glass Aquariums"? Yours has a nice thick/wide silicone bead similar to mine and I've had mine for 10 years with no issues. I bought mine off craigslist so I'm not sure how long it's been around. I've had no issues and never resealed it.
That company made good tanks. They were bought by either Marineland or Aqueon and supposedly the quality went down. I've had my 125g All Glass since 1997. It's never been resealed. It's always had water in it except for when I moved it in 1998 and then has never been moved since.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
It looks good. My concern is the age. That's a long time for silicone or maybe its been resealed. I assume you felt around and none of the edges come up.

I'd use it but not anywhere where it would do damage. That's just me.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
It looks good. My concern is the age. That's a long time for silicone or maybe its been resealed. I assume you felt around and none of the edges come up.

I did a test indoors for a few days and now it's been up and running for I think almost a month now. No issues other than trying to remove the salt stains which has been a pain.

Reactions: tlindsey

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area

Good to hear it! I touched around the edges and it was fine.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Have a 180 gallon All Glass aquarium that was built around the same time used it for Saltwater for 4 yrs now just Freshwater. Setup in the basement on concrete floor. That company sealed their aquariums well.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Have a 180 gallon All Glass aquarium that was built around the same time used it for Saltwater for 4 yrs now just Freshwater. Setup in the basement on concrete floor. That company sealed their aquariums well.
nice assuming you don't have any more salt stains but if you did how did you remove them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store