25,000 gal rubber liner + acrylic fish tank 50'x14'x5' for $6000

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you.

Since 2015, not a year has passed that I didn't think for a good portion of that year that we'd open that year :) So, the answer is this year. FWIW.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Hello Viktor, I only had time to skip through the last video. The corrugated pipe is not fit for purpose ? I would be worried about leaves, dead animals, etc creating blockages in that flat blue hose or do you have pre filters?

The corrugated black rib hose floats so one use I have is to use short segments as free floating caves for sub dominant fish. You can increase stocking levels with more use of the water column while still keeping the tanks easy to clean.

Why don't use use a clean tarpaulin on the roof if you want to keep collected rainwater clean? Put the high end of tarpaulin over the central roof cap and weigh everything down with bags of sand. You can remove the tarpaulin for storage if you have long dry seasons. Just a thought, seems criminal to waste perfectly good rainwater while you pay for RO membranes and pumps.

Looking forward to the next video update(s).

Tarp a section of your roof, not the whole roof. Even 20% of a roof for example will provide quite a bit of water.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
F fishdance Thank you for this. I am not concerned about a possible blockage. Since it hasn't happened with the 6" corrugated pipe in the last 6 years, it shouldn't happen with the 6" discharge hose, I reckon. Can be wrong. I have to keep an eye out for rats / mice that occasionally break into the fish house - they like chewing on plastic films.

The tarp would help mitigate or eliminate the contamination of the rain water by the roof materials, but will not address the other worries mentioned in the video:

- aluminum gutters
- too hot or too cold rain water
- possible instability of water parameters and composition - pH, hardness, TDS, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store