250 tank and 250 air

Tanyoberu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2006
NJ
Any updates on this set-up? I'd love to see how the mangroves are maturing and the school of monos. Did you do more work to the air-space?

GeneralBrackish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2009
new jersey
I would definetly like an update on this tank. If I had a working camera in the house (DAMN KIDS broke all of them) I would show you my set-up. Yours makes mine look like crap tho. You should get some Archers in there. My set-up is fully inclosed with a cage-type at the top of the tank for jumpers!!!!

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
I had to move this tank to new quarters. I took off the upper box and just left the aquarium.

I couldn't make the mangroves fare too good in there. Out of the original ten, four or five were alive and only one actually showing any growth. I killed that by moving it into my mudskipper palu. They don't seem to commute too well after having grown roots and being established?

The basic fake rock structure is still in the tank and the mattenfilter is working as well as ever.

I'll redo the roots one of these days.

stevenhman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
I just remembered this thread and he pictures that didn't work last time. Now I can see them and they're great! It really makes me want to try using grout instead of just carving and painting it with Drylok. Great job! Too bad you live across the ocean!

Ivo Katrafilov

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Bulgaria
Hi,

It was great projectр admirations.

Can you share scheme of filtration, it seems very interesting? Also I am interested in the technology of making artificial rocks above water.

Best Regards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store