275 gallon ibc tote aquarium

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
The reason I want to reenforce it is really only to get the polycarbonate to lay slightly flatter to get a better non Distorted view.
Yeah when I saw the video, I was thinking it might be a good idea to take out the plastic tote and turn it so the polycarbonate face is resting on the cage where the bars haven’t been cut out. It looks to be bowing quite a bit so it might help to reinforce. Sadly, it won’t look as nice but at least you’ll still be able to see your fish and have some peace of mind. Maybe just cut off the shorter vertical bars and leave the longer horizontal ones as support and it won’t look too bad

Michigan monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yeah when I saw the video, I was thinking it might be a good idea to take out the plastic tote and turn it so the polycarbonate face is resting on the cage where the bars haven’t been cut out. It looks to be bowing quite a bit so it might help to reinforce. Sadly, it won’t look as nice but at least you’ll still be able to see your fish and have some peace of mind. Maybe just cut off the shorter vertical bars and leave the longer horizontal ones as support and it won’t look too bad
I actually made some adjustments to it last night, it started a pin hole leak along the seem where the silicone is. For two reason, both my fault not the design. My first time using silicone so I suck, and I was messing with the silicone and the edge of the window and accidentally removed a small piece. I believe I have the issue fixed. I went back and added a lil something extra. I'll post a video today on what I did.

Reactions: phreeflow

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks .
Mean any aquarium glueing silicone would do? In my country we do not have Ge silicone.
Well it seems you don’t have a choice if I plan to build. But it should work if it’s built like a gasket with the nuts/bolts in a tote.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store