Ft Wayne, IN
Price
Region
Midwest / Great Lakes
State
Indiana
Pickup or shipping
Pickup only
Have a easy 28”-30” Giraffe cat I’m looking to sell or trade.

Looking to get 200 obo or interested in larger clown loaches, roseline sharks, oddball plecos, large nice sump, altum angel fish, or let me know what you got.

DB72E6CC-9E1E-4DD6-A4C2-0B328261D954.jpeg

42FEA2BF-C00D-44F4-B7AA-0312392856D6.jpeg

7ECCBE42-CA6F-4546-9BB8-20C855AF1A3D.jpeg

9CDEE6B4-8362-4490-8BC4-451E12CAD5D6.jpeg

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Sneaky. Free 2.5' giraffe catfish for $200 hahaha... But seriously, in my book it is worth 10x more, it's just that so few people can house it. Looks like Auchenoglanis wittei from the Congo river. Have you raised it from a baby? How old it is? What a cool fish! GLWS.

Reactions: regalt and Dee eng

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
Sneaky. Free 2.5' giraffe catfish for $200 hahaha... But seriously, in my book it is worth 10x more, it's just that so few people can house it. Looks like Auchenoglanis wittei from the Congo river. Have you raised it from a baby? How old it is? What a cool fish! GLWS.
Lol wasn’t my intentions didn’t realize it till it was posted.

This is actually my dads and he’s had it since it
was maybe 2”, I’d say it’s maybe 3-4yrs old.

He’s the second one we’ve had over the years and the biggest we’ve had.

thank you

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Lol wasn’t my intentions didn’t realize it till it was posted.

This is actually my dads and he’s had it since it
was maybe 2”, I’d say it’s maybe 3-4yrs old.

He’s the second one we’ve had over the years and the biggest we’ve had.

thank you
No problem. I am glad it wasn't a sleek marketing thing :)

This is an amazing growth, unbelievable! I have been growing out 7 g-cats, including two wittei (unless yours is a biscutatus, or acuticeps... Yellowcat Yellowcat ?) for 5 years and ours biggest look like may be a bit shy of 2'. Great genes in that fish or, again, a different species, subspecies... the genus has been sadly in a taxonomic limbo for 5+ years.

Reactions: Dee eng

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
A beautiful and very healthy looking giraffe cat! Best of luck with the sale! Also an amazing size for it's age, it would usually take 6 or 7 years to reach that size assuming that it's an a. occidentalis, a. wittei or a 'bouche' variety that grow the largest. Compared to video's of Viktor's collection of large fish and the adult patterning thereof it's hard to determine species unlike with young fish. When looking at PlanetCatfish photo's of auchenoglanis, the one's they show for a. biscutatus most closely resembles your fish but I dare say that 2 of the photo's they show for that species are misleading and probably not that species. A. biscutatus and a. senegali are now considered the same species and don't grow past 12". Of course it could be another lesser known (in the hobby) species but whatever it is will likely be a lovely interactive pet that giraffe cats are known for...

• Love
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The rare gems like this fish, its interesting ID discussion, and the authoritative posts like that of Yellowcat Yellowcat really deserve to me in the Catfish section. It's a shame it'll be lost in the Marketplace. Would you mind if I reposted these... or would you do it?

Of maybe if bbradtmiller bbradtmiller gets it, he'll create a thread on it for all of us to enjoy and learn.

Reactions: Dee eng
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store