29G Planted build thread

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
When everything is set up, do you have any way to get a ballpark guess of how many ppm of NO3 the plants eat? Always one of my biggest interests in a planted tank thread.
Good question but I don't really know. I'd imagine you could test on a set schedule and see how it changes over time?

Got a decent amount of plants in the 75 but the 29 is the first "dedicated" planted tank that I've tried, so i'm sure there will be lots of ups and downs. I still picked relatively easy undemanding plants

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Update!

Been about two weeks and have made some significant changes.

The main Crypt perked up and is doing awesome, the Repens has fluffed up quite a bit and are an awesome shade of green and the Tennellum has been doing it's thing growing well and establishing runners. Though it was doing extremely well I removed one of the larger anubias plants because I wasn't in love with where the wendtii crypts ended up in the original planning stage.

The Ludwigia and Carolinia from my first Buce order really didn't take the way that I wanted them to, so I made a bit of an audible. I placed another order where I added to the Repens, got several bunches of Ludwigia (probably severely over planted, but I added some extra root tabs and we will see what sticks) and I added Hygrophila Augustifolia to the background.

Currently dosing Seachem Fluorish, Excel, and Iron as needed.

Mr. Angelfish was evicted and added back to the thunderdome. He was too territorial with the juvenile Keyhole cichlid pair, constantly harassed the ottos and the final straw was I caught him starting to pull plants out of the substrate. The angels in the 75 are all actually doing pretty well, I think some time with the two females establishing dominance allowed me to add him back in without major drama or damage.

29G3.png

29G4.png

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store