2x Eheim 2217 with 2x classic 600 subfilter

macross02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
Cebu
Been dreaming of having this kind of setup and managed to pull it off today.

From tank
1st canister - subfilter with foam
2nd canister - 2217 with ceramic ring and matrix
3rd canister - subfilter with foam and cr
4th canister - ceramic ring, matrix and foam
Back to tank.

With double taps so I can re arranged it anytime and for maintenance purposes.

Flowrate a bit slow because I have put so many fine foam on the canister. I don't worry much about the return rate because I also use 5th trickle filter with rio14hf pump on it.

image.jpeg

Reactions: TripleW

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Crazy. MFK style.
A single 2262 would-be done, too

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I like it. The 2217 is a great filter.

macross02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
Cebu
No offense but looks like a waste of money....you could of made a sump for way cheaper
No offense as well, I'm not a sump guy and I don't mind the cost for as long as I enjoy my hobby. This is the setup I wanted for so long and I will keep it that way.

HFK!

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
It all looks nice but I would be worried about burning the pumps up.

The way you have them all run in series causes the pumps to have very little resistance on them and may cause them to burn out. I did this when I wanted to increase the flow through one of my canisters. I put a "helper" pump on the intake and then the helper pump got burned up because the filter was pulling the water from it. They were both rated at the same gph.

I think you will see the same results if you just plumb the intake and output of each of the filters back to the tank individually.

Reactions: macross02

macross02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
Cebu
It all looks nice but I would be worried about burning the pumps up.

The way you have them all run in series causes the pumps to have very little resistance on them and may cause them to burn out. I did this when I wanted to increase the flow through one of my canisters. I put a "helper" pump on the intake and then the helper pump got burned up because the filter was pulling the water from it. They were both rated at the same gph.

I think you will see the same results if you just plumb the intake and output of each of the filters back to the tank individually.
Good day to you!

Got your point it will be considered. Actually I already done a few test and here are the result

1.)Both 2217 (2nd and 4th) plug inn - ok and waterflow is faster.

2.) 2nd canister plug inn but 4th canister is off- it's a disaster. The last canister going back to tank cover pops-out.

3.) 4th canister plug inn - been running this setup for almost a month now and all is well.

As you can see on my setup I did use double tap as much as I can because I really plan of separating both 2217 and put it on both ends. Or if budget permits, I will pull-out one set of canister and use it on my upcoming tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store