3” Kelberis -not eating anything!

creekchub

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
I ordered three kelbs off of the Internet . Have had them for 8 days
Have tried massivore (small pellets) -freeze dried krill. They have shown zero interest in any food. All they do is crash into the glass and freak out anytime I go near the tank. Do not want to try any feeders at all( saw the other thread) Hoping to starve them and eventually they will eat after a month or so- how would you handle
Breaking these three young fish in for now?

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
try some quarentined feeders, my dat was the same way but i put a feeder and SMACK that thing was gone

Reactions: Nove Sedici

creekchub

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Not going the feeder route -only pellets -as some have said -they will eventually eat pellets or die - I will wait a few months if need be

creekchub

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
40 gallon breeder to get them trained to eat pellets-then they go to the 220gallon

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
You have to get them used to you giving them food. The last thing they remember is the person outside the tank netted them (causing stress). Start with food that will be eaten like live crickets or worms. I like crickets because they will still move on the surface when you are not in the room. The surface action should get their instinctive feeding behavior going. Then they will associate the appearance of crickets to you. So put the crikets in (on their back on top of the water if you can), and leave the room. You should hear them splash trying to get at the crikets. Pellet training will become easier at this point. I also like to keep the light above the tank off while they get used to you, and only use ambient room light. This makes it easier for them to see you outside of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store