3-tier tank stand

Ric Foster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
Sanbernardino CA.
I want to build a 3-tier tank stand. (wood)
does anyone have plans for a 3 tier stand?
I want to use 4' tanks and have them one on top of the others and the bottom one 4-6 inches forward of the one above it and the middle tank 4-6 inches forward of the top one. There has to be room for glass lids and lights on all tanks. I have seen gorilla racks used this way but I want wood and stair stepped tanks. crude pic of what I am wanting.

House 64

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2006
An island somewhere......
I wouldn't suggest that style of rack for your tanks.... maintenance on the top tank would be a nightmare since it's so hard to reach into the tank. Just my opinion though.

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
I made a two tier stand for a 70g and an 80g out of wood. I think that it would be too high to get into the top tank. For three tanks, if each tank has 24" of height (with lights) then you are up to over six feet to the top of the top tank (the bottom tank must be above the floor to siphon the gravel). Even with my two tanks it is a little awkward to get into the top tank (low basement ceiling).

cypher1024

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Australia
If you built a ladder into the side, maintenance on the top tank would be a breeze. You could even conceal it with a big door on that side.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store