30 gallon

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
I have an empty 30 gallon tank. I need recommendations on what to put in it. I have a 55 gallon with a 6 inch flowerhorn and love that fish. Hoping to get something with personality like a flowerhorn. Any suggestions?

snyno masto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2020
you could maybe put one pictus in there but there's not many options with a tank that size

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Plenty of interesting fish for a 30 gallon to be honest, just not any large ones! Small fish can be fun to keep too. How about a south American puffer? They stay about 3" or under and have a great personality. Could possibly even put some fast tankmates in there with it.

snyno masto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2020
oh ya I forgot about puffers they do have a lot of personality they just need special food like clams and snails

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I wouldn’t put a pictus in a 30 gallon, I had them and to be honest I think their activity barely lets them go into a 4 foot tank but a bigger tank would be better.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Plenty of interesting fish for a 30 gallon to be honest, just not any large ones! Small fish can be fun to keep too. How about a south American puffer? They stay about 3" or under and have a great personality. Could possibly even put some fast tankmates in there with it.
I have thought about puffers but don't know anything about brackish fish and how they are to take care of.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I have thought about puffers but don't know anything about brackish fish and how they are to take care of.
South american puffers are freshwater fish, the care for them is not all that special they do need some snails in their diet to keep their teeth from over-growing. The puffer species I am talking about is colomesus asellus. I'd recommend doing some research on the species, plenty of info available on the web

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
South american puffers are freshwater fish, the care for them is not all that special they do need some snails in their diet to keep their teeth from over-growing. The puffer species I am talking about is colomesus asellus. I'd recommend doing some research on the species, plenty of info available on the web
I'll do that

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I had a friend that kept a pictus in a 10 gallon
And I knew a woman that kept 4 common goldfish in a 10 or 20 gallon. Just because people do something doesn’t mean it’s right.
Not trying to argue with you or pick a fight with you bud.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store