300 gallon community tank emperor snakhead

gabrijjel_

Feeder Fish
Dec 7, 2022
Hi, I have a 300 gallon tank with an emperor snakehead (channa maru), albino silver arowana and 3 bichirs and in a seperate tank have two channa gachua dwarf snakheads. Would it be possible to add the two dwarf snakheads to my community tank or would the emperor snakehead eventually kill them

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Channa Gachuas are max size around 20cm which makes them easy meal for your bichirs and aro. Usually Maruloides are deium agressive. I would not recommend to add them with the arowana

Reactions: gabrijjel_

gabrijjel_

Feeder Fish
Dec 7, 2022
Channa Gachuas are max size around 20cm which makes them easy meal for your bichirs and aro. Usually Maruloides are deium agressive. I would not recommend to add them with the arowana
thanks for the reply. my aro is still a juvi around 8-9 inches. would 10 inch bichirs go for smaller bichirs too? how would a 4inch fire eel do with them also

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
thanks for the reply. my aro is still a juvi around 8-9 inches. would 10 inch bichirs go for smaller bichirs too? how would a 4inch fire eel do with them also
Hello , well bichirs will definitely go for the smaller ones one day..some bichirs might not but you can't say for sure. 4inch is a small eel. They grow pretty fast actually if you can add it in a growout tank it can grow faster than the bichirs

Reactions: gabrijjel_

gabrijjel_

Feeder Fish
Dec 7, 2022
Hello , well bichirs will definitely go for the smaller ones one day..some bichirs might not but you can't say for sure. 4inch is a small eel. They grow pretty fast actually if you can add it in a growout tank it can grow faster than the bichirs
what do you think about me adding an 8 -10 inch giant snakehead/channa micro to my tank would he and the emperor snakhead eventually try to kill each other? or even my silver arowana

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store