300 gallon poly tank

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thank you,My group is nice, but nothing compared sp. and pbb,lol
Those two are golden geese for sure and your crew is still top notch!
Congratulations! Your photo has been selected. Koloton gunna be famous! :)

View attachment 1254272
Koloton getting that 15 mins of fame.
Big pbb caught the beat down little pbb is like freddie krueger. Ornate is a punk !!!

Ahh your to caught up in names
What the heck little pbb. He needs a red and brown sweater. Smh..... Nigel where you at?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Congratulations! Your photo has been selected. Koloton gunna be famous! :)

View attachment 1254272

Ahahha no safe zones on the internet.

Those Polly's are really amazing and the tank looks awesome too
Thank you for the compliments
Those two are golden geese for sure and your crew is still top notch!

Koloton getting that 15 mins of fame.

What the heck little pbb. He needs a red and brown sweater. Smh..... Nigel where you at?
Sheesh nigel really let me down. All the moving polys around threw the tank out of whack. Everyone is acting crazy nigel was actially hanging out with the other polys (punk !!!!!!)

Ansorgii who is normally easy peasy was pushing around others.

Faranah endli nipped the BV
BV nipped at the congi
Sp delaware nipped the faranah endli
Sheeeesh its like polys gone wild in there lol

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Argh! I hate aggression. Hopefully it will all settle down. The PBB screwed it all up. Kinda goes to show that sometimes the answer isn't always to just "add more polys." Sometimes there's just a jerk fish, and unless you have the right combo of others with it, it might have to live a solo life. Not many people have enough polys and tanks to figure all of that out.

Once everything settles from the poly shuffle scuffles are you going to try Kruger back in the big tank one more time to see what happens?

Reactions: clm08k

Thatoscarguy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah I live in South Africa and don't really get that much Polly's in three years seen 1 sen and a saddled
I'm so jelly ;) love your poly's

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Argh! I hate aggression. Hopefully it will all settle down. The PBB screwed it all up. Kinda goes to show that sometimes the answer isn't always to just "add more polys." Sometimes there's just a jerk fish, and unless you have the right combo of others with it, it might have to live a solo life. Not many people have enough polys and tanks to figure all of that out.

Once everything settles from the poly shuffle scuffles are you going to try Kruger back in the big tank one more time to see what happens?
Yeah me to. Occasional fin nipping is normal and i think with low numbers adding can help but not with this guy. I agree with you though at some point enough is enough cant keep adding polys, its not always the cure all.

Im hoping i can work the hellraiser back into the poly comm becauae it looks like it will settle into being a really good looking poly.20170524_074943.jpg 20170524_074235.jpg
Right now im doubtful it will work out. Hes similar to the aggression i had with the dabola endli. Very territorial. I would say at this point hes worse. The endli was a s.o.b to all polys but never messed with other fish. This guy even bit hulk.

I thought i saw him snap at him out of the corner of my eye but wasnt sure so i dropped some pellets right infornt of the pbb and hulk didnt immediately go for them so i knew something was up. Eventually he did and sure enough little pbb bit him. Im not too worried about these two as the cichlid will and has been avoiding the pbb's little corner but i assume since the polys have bad vision or dont mind getting attacked they dont honor territories as well.

I'll see how it goes but wont be introducing him bacl to the 300 for some time. Total pain in the ass
Yeah I live in South Africa and don't really get that much Polly's in three years seen 1 sen and a saddled
I'm so jelly ;) love your poly's
We habe another member from south africa as well Hendre Hendre who also has a tough time getting polys. He could probably put you in contact with someone who has wc sens

Thatoscarguy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 21, 2017
I'm good on polys for now I'll just be growing out my little sen then I will really get into it Hendre I'll talk to you when I want to get some more thanks :)

Reactions: clm08k and Hendre

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Ahahha no safe zones on the internet.

Thank you for the compliments

Sheesh nigel really let me down. All the moving polys around threw the tank out of whack. Everyone is acting crazy nigel was actially hanging out with the other polys (punk !!!!!!)

Ansorgii who is normally easy peasy was pushing around others.

Faranah endli nipped the BV
BV nipped at the congi
Sp delaware nipped the faranah endli
Sheeeesh its like polys gone wild in there lol
Those polys are going wild! Seems like they are trying to figure out a new pecking order. Maybe Nigel is throwing his bad boy days behind him and hanging up his leather jacket. Until there is a much smaller poly.....

It is funny(but frustrating) that each of them is picking on a different one. Can't believe it about the ansorgii or my baby sp.delaware. Or the congi or the faranah endli for that matter:.... isn't she a log usually?

BV the bull is out for toes.

Can't believe the little PBb bit hulk. Grrrrrr!!!!

Reactions: Thatoscarguy

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
PBB bit hulk even? Sheesh!

Well, like you said, that's bettter than other polys since they like occupying different levels of the tank, and cichlids aren't strangers to territorial aggression.

I feel like you guys have mentioned polys that have settled with age/time so I hope that's what happens with this guy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store